A faith-based, multi-level retirement community.Donate now
- Our Mission
- News & Events
- Support Us!
- Contact Us
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
— Psalms 23:1-4
Located in beautiful Pasadena on 13 1/2 magnificently landscaped acres, Monte Vista Grove Homes (MVGH) has provided quality long-term care services to its residents since 1924. Each new resident has an opportunity.
About Monte Vista Grove Homes (MVGH)…
“Among the oak trees, beneath the everlasting hills, in a land that is kind to old age are such homes as these…” (from an MVGH 1920’s brochure)
- Is a highly regarded, fiscally sound not-for-profit, Multi-level Retirement Community (MLRC)
- Is a charter member of Aging Services of California (www.aging.org)
- Is a Regional Ministry of the Synod of California and Hawaii
- Is a participant in the Quality First Covenant with LeadingAge (www.leadingage.org) and as such, is committed to an ongoing philosophy of quality improvement
- Is governed by a 21 member Board of Trustees which includes two campus residents
- Is run day-to-day by the Executive Director and a staff of 90 employees
- Is located in beautiful Pasadena on 13-1/2 magnificently landscaped acres, Monte Vista Grove Homes has provided quality long-term care services to older adults since 1924
- Is known for its Myron Hunt architecture
- Is comprised of 83 residential cottages
- Is home to approximately 130 retirees of the PCUSA
- Is unique in that new residents have the opportunity to make individualized improvements to their cottage before moving in
- Is conducive to active senior living with a swimming pool, spa and Wellness Center
- Is open to the community in the Assisted Living level. “The Hearth” has 16 private apartments with 24 hour assistance with activities of daily living.
- Is open to the community in the Skilled Nursing Level. “The Health Center” is a Medicare certified 40 bed skilled nursing facility, providing 24 hour nursing care.
From our residents:I think it may have something to do with the setting— a garden atmosphere where everyone is living in their own private home but friends with their neighbor.
— Ken & Bev Grant
Address: 2889 San Pasqual Street, Pasadena, CA 91107Phone: (626) 796-6135Fax: (626) 796-9753