A faith-based, multi-level retirement community.Donate now
- Our Mission
- News & Events
- Support Us!
- Contact Us
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
— I Corinthians 13:4-7
Located in beautiful Pasadena on 13 1/2 magnificently landscaped acres, Monte Vista Grove Homes (MVGH) has provided quality long-term care services to its residents since 1924. Each new resident has an opportunity.
About Monte Vista Grove Homes (MVGH)…
“Among the oak trees, beneath the everlasting hills, in a land that is kind to old age are such homes as these…” (from an MVGH 1920’s brochure)
- Is a highly regarded, fiscally sound not-for-profit, Multi-level Retirement Community (MLRC)
- Is a charter member of Aging Services of California (www.aging.org)
- Is a Regional Ministry of the Synod of California and Hawaii
- Is a participant in the Quality First Covenant with LeadingAge (www.leadingage.org) and as such, is committed to an ongoing philosophy of quality improvement
- Is governed by a 21 member Board of Trustees which includes two campus residents
- Is run day-to-day by the Executive Director and a staff of 90 employees
- Is located in beautiful Pasadena on 13-1/2 magnificently landscaped acres, Monte Vista Grove Homes has provided quality long-term care services to older adults since 1924
- Is known for its Myron Hunt architecture
- Is comprised of 83 residential cottages
- Is home to approximately 130 retirees of the PCUSA
- Is unique in that new residents have the opportunity to make individualized improvements to their cottage before moving in
- Is conducive to active senior living with a swimming pool, spa and Wellness Center
- Is open to the community in the Assisted Living level. “The Hearth” has 16 private apartments with 24 hour assistance with activities of daily living.
- Is open to the community in the Skilled Nursing Level. “The Health Center” is a Medicare certified 40 bed skilled nursing facility, providing 24 hour nursing care.
From our residents:The diversity and desire to have diversity, both racial-ethnic and doctrinal diversity is positive for us.
— Dick & Barbara Dosker
Address: 2889 San Pasqual Street, Pasadena, CA 91107Phone: (626) 796-6135Fax: (626) 796-9753