- MVGH was established in August of 1924 by the Synod of California of the Presbyterian Church.
- James Marwick, Dr. Robert Freeman, David Gamble and Dr. Clarence Spaulding raised funds to purchase the Pasadena orange grove which is now home to nearly 200 senior adults.
- These gentlemen sought to provide much needed retirement housing for ministers and missionaries of the PCUSA.
- The Gamble family continues the tradition of providing Thanksgiving dinner for MVGH residents which was started in the 1920’s.
~ Bill Hansen, a resident, at MVGH has helped preserved our history.~
To read stories from our Early Founders' click on their names below:
James Gamble, Founder of MVGH 1930 Women of MVGH